Duvel Moortgat has four new brews for the city’s Belgian beer fans, says Nick Papa. They include Duvel Tripel Hop, a beer he says was so popular back home that drinkers petitioned for more after it ran out.
“The brewery replied that if fans were able to get 10,000 signatures they would indeed produce the beer,” he states. “The next day, 10,000 signatures were presented to Duvel, and the beer was placed back into production.
For all I know, it might have been one guy signing 10,000 times, but it’s still a swell angle for blogger types.“
There are also three new drafts and “most of them are all super hoppy and special in your pants*”, says Papa. They include:
- Houblon Chouffe Tripel IPA, a very hoppy take on La Chouffe.
- Maredsous Brune, for those seeking something heavier than the blonde.
- Gouden Carolus Hopsinjoor, which includes four kinds of hops.
- Chouffe N’ice, a strong ale.
These drafts are available at Brussels. I’ve also seen that Houblon Chouffe by bottle at Beer Mania.
* I hope “special” does not mean “causes you to instantly urinate”, because in most people’s books that qualifies as “super special”.