UPDATE: Rich Akers of Gung Ho! went above and beyond and maybe even upside down on this one. Instead of just doing a draw, he apparently spent hours carefully analyzing each entry before ultimately picking a winner and giving kudos to other worthy entries. Before we get to the winners, a heads up about the ongoing contest for a four-course Thanksgiving dinner for six at Switch! Grill.
Here are Akers’ picks…
“Mitt Romney pizza ~ White bread with very high edges.” – Alex
“Alan Wong ~ Alaskan crab meat, avocado, flame broiled tuna. Topped with imported Iranian caviar and edible gold.” – Alex
“Xzibit Pizza ~ Hey, we heard you were fond of pizza. We started with a basic margarita pizza with mozzarella and some basil. Then we made 6 more mini pizzas: mushroom, pepperoni, veggie, bbq chicken, tuna, anchovy, and put them on top of the margarita pizza. The crust is made of pizza rolls. Mangia!” – Alex
“THE KANYE WEST ~ Baked fish sticks (cod), Cheddar + Pepper Jack Cheese blend, Garlic Chili Sauce and Ranch, Jalapeños and chopped Onions.” — Kylie
“The Tina Tuna: A classic tuna and onion pizza on a tomato base, Jumpin’ (pepper)Jack Flash cheese, served on a dough that’s been rollin’… rollin’… rollin’… on the counter. Served with a side of perfect chicken legs.” – Mr Hao
Congratulations to Mr Hao and those he invites over for the ten Gung Ho! pizzas and case of Vedett Blonde from Duvel-Mortgaat.
Like pizza? Like beer? Like creating recipes based on celebrities?
You do!? Then this contest is perfect for you.
All you need to do is pick a celebrity and create a pizza recipe in his or her honor. You will then be in the draw to get 10 pizzas from Gung Ho! and a case of Vedett Blonde from Duvel Moortgaat delivered to your home. Look how easy it is…
- The Jeremy Lin: Topped with Taiwan sausage, New York style pastrami and slow-smoked beef brisket from Houston. Ideally eaten while chilling on a friend’s sofa.
- The Da Shan: A layer of Canadian bacon hidden under a layer of Beijing duck on a crust lightly brushed with Ontario maple syrup.
- The Charlie Sheen: Topped with any eight ingredients as selected by a drunk blindfolded monkey. No two pizzas are ever the same!
It’s as easy as mozzarella cheesy. Here are the contest details:
- Leave a comment with the name and toppings for your celebrity pizza. I reserve the right to disqualify entries that are lazy ass, excessively rude, politically sensitive or have anything to do with Gangnam Style.
- The winner gets an assortment of ten Gung Ho! pizzas plus 24 bottles — aka a two-four — of Vedett Blond from Duvel Moortgat delivered to his or her home.
- If you don’t live in a Gung Ho! delivery area — in Sanlitun, Lido or Shuangjing – you can guzzle and gulp your prize on-site. Or find a friend who does live in one of those areas and have a house partay.
- You can enter multiple times but please leave each entry as a separate comment.
- The deadline is Monday, November 5, at 2:37 PM.
Note: I receive no payment for running this or any of my other contests. I simply think it is fun and Rich Akers (Gung Ho) and Nick Papa (Duvel Moortgaat) agree. Frankly, I think they might be the same dude: I have never seen them together and they eerily resemble each other. Especially Papa.