Karl Long of Paddy O’Shea’s, Beijing’s only Irish-owned and Irish-managed bar within hurling distance of the Embassy of Canada, kindly included some Canuck content in his Wednesday quiz as part of Grade-Eh Week. Below are nine questions and answers from the quiz. If you want even more trivia, check out this alternative Canada quiz.
1. In the sport of curling, what is the four-letter word for the player who directs the sweepers and makes the decisions on game play?
2. What year was Justin Bieber born?
3. What was the name of the character Jim Carrey played in Dumb and Dumber?
4. How many oceans border Canada?
5. What is the population to the closest million as per the last census (+/- 2 million)?
6. When did ”O Canada” officially become the national anthem: a) 1880; b) 1920; c) 1950; d) 1980?
7. When a Canadian gets his T4, what is it time to do?
8. What words are blanked out in this image?
9. Wayne Gretzky holds the record for most career regular-season points in the National Hockey League (NHL). How many (+/- 300 points)?
3. Lloyd Christmas
4. Three: Atlantic, Pacific and Arctic
5. 33 million (33.4 as per 2011 census)
8. Tim Hortons
9. 2,857 points in 20 years
Kudos to Karl for the kickin’ quiz…