I have a friend who likes to order ‘The Moosehead‘. Not a Moosehead, one of Canada’s better-known beers, but The Moosehead. I like it. It makes the beer sound singular and important.
In any case, Moosehead is the only Canadian beer brand I’ve regularly spotted in Beijing, and is available as lager and pale ale. True, I’ve seen other beers on occasion — I wrote here about drinking Warthog Ale at The Irish Volunteer during last year’s NHL playoffs. But it’s pretty much just The Moose that is loose here when it comes to Canuck brew. You can get it at the following establishments:
- Bang Bang Pizza (by Hopson International Park in Shuangjing)
- Hot Cat Club (Fangjia Hutong, off Andingmen)
- George’s Bar (southeast corner of Workers Stadium)
- Grinders (Shuangjing)
- Home Plate BBQ (a block off Xiaoyun Road)
- Kro’s Nest (both Xiaoyun Road and Sanlitun South branches)
- Nanjie (Sanlitun South)
- The Brick (Shuangjing)
- The Corner (Lido area, in the same plaza as Jenny Wang’s, Cafe del Mar and Gung Ho)
- The Drive-Thru (Sanlitun Soho)
- The Irish Volunteer (Lido)
- The Stumble Inn (Sanlitun Village South)
Yep, lots of places to get The Moosehead, and probably more than a few that I’ve missed. By the way, it should once again be available at Heaven Supermarket once that place reopens.
(Hat tip to Chris Bracamontes of Dxcel, distributor of Moosehead in Beijing)