UPDATE: And we have a winner. As I spent the afternoon working at Grinders, I asked co-owner Trevor Metz to oversee the draw and pick the winner. After much scrambling of the entries, he took a deep breath, drew one entry and read the winner’s name: The Chairman. He gets 10 pizzas and two cases of Vedett. Thanks to all those who entered and to Gung Ho and Duvel Moortgat for providing the prizes.
Lack the expat package, nouveau riche lifestyle, sympathetic boss or simply the time to escape the heat, humidity and haze of August in Beijing? Then how about getting lots of free beer and pizza for a house party?
I have ten pizzas courtesy of Gung Ho and two cases of Belgian beer Vedett White courtesy of Duvel Moortgat to give away. That should be enough pizza and beer for one reader and a dozen of his / her friends.
- Leave a comment and tell us who you would invite, if you could pick anyone in the world, to your beer and pizza party, and why. (My pick: Mila Kunis given this recent story). Each reasonable comment will go into the draw. The draw will be done as usual with the assistance of neutral witnesses.
- The winner gets an assortment of ten pizzas from Gung Ho and 48 bottles of Vedett White from Duvel Moortgat to enjoy with his or her friends.
- The prize must be claimed within the first two weeks of August. If you live in the Gung Ho delivery area, you can either have your pizza and beer at the Gung Ho shop on Workers Stadium East or have it delivered to your apartment. If you live outside the delivery zone, you need to consume it at the shop. We need two days notice of when you and your friends want the beer and pizza.
- Feel free to enter the contest up to three times. Please put each entry as a separate comment as I will number the comments for the draw.
- The deadline is next Tuesday at 5 PM.
Whew, I think that is all, and it is a bit more detailed than usual, but I think this is a pretty good prize. Let the inviting begin…
Note: I receive no payment from Gung Ho or Duvel Moortgat for running this contest. I simply think it is fun. Also, there is still time to enter the draw for a signed Harlem Globetrotters basketball, courtesy of Union Bar & Grille. See here.