Note: Home Plate is closed on July 4 and possibly for a few more days. If in doubt, call Home Plate at 5128-5584.
I posted earlier about Canada Day deals in Beijing and now it is time to go south of the largely unprotected border for some Fourth of July specials.
- Texan Tim Hilbert of Tim’s Texas BBQ near the Silk Market is offering free apple pie to anyone buying a bucket of five beers — Budweiser or Coors Light — for rmb100 this Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Tim’s also has a beer and hot dog deal for rmb25.
- Nevadan Kenny Lew of Eudora Station is planning three days of specials, starting on Friday. Each days includes a BBQ — with burgers, sausages and more — from 8 PM to midnight, with a rmb120 option for free-flow American wine and beer. The weekend will also feature house band Greg Carroll and Bump City.
- New Yorkers Seth Grossman and Texan Adam Murry at Home Plate BBQ say they will be preparing plenty of food — pulled pork, brisket and more — and on July 3 will have a rmb10 Budweiser special.
- Ohioan Carl Setzer of Great Leap Brewery literally had his shoulder to the grindstone to create his Independent Summer Ale. It will be available on Saturday and Sunday. (Note: Great Leap Brewery will be closed on July 4.)
- And last but not least, more than 1000 people are expected to attend the Fourth of July party held by the American Chamber of Commerce at Legation Quarter on July 3. Expect big bands, a kids area and more. Tickets must be bought from the AmCham office by 5 PM Friday: no tickets will be sold at the door. For details, see here.
If I hear of any more events or specials, I’ll add them here…