Le Petit Gourmand will officially reopen in Tongli Studio tonight at 8 PM with mulled wine and a performance by No Name Trio. This place, now managed by Alexis Tresor, used to rank among my favorite spots for laptop work and I dropped in over the weekend to see how it changed. Things are looking good:
- Windows have been added along the west side and provide some needed natural light.
- The place feels more spacious given that some of the bookshelves in the center of the room have been removed and an open kitchen and a bar area called Le Zinc added.
- There are lots of large faux leather wing chairs as well as booth-style areas along the walls and these will be good for reading, surfing the net, or chatting with friends.
- The sandwiches and those tasty fries made it on to the new menu though they are a bit pricier. <– Actually, the old price was RMB48. Don’t know what I was thinking. My mistake.
- Coffee starts from a reasonable RMB18.
- The wood-burning stove remains out back.
Perhaps most importantly, especially for those who don’t like to wear earphones and do like their sanity, Tresor says he plans to have a diverse play list. (I hope that means an end to the days of hearing that freaking My Way compilation album over and over and over again.)
Official opening: 8 PM tonight with mulled wine and No Name Trio…