Mentioned last week that Hei Hei club is preparing to turn up the bass at Worker’s Stadium, that Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto is slated to have two restaurants in Parkview when it opens, and that Chef Billy William Bolton is part of a team that plans to launch The California Grill in the north section of Sanlitun Village (map) early next year. Busy times in Beijing. Here a few more projects of which I have heard:
- Look for White Rabbit to open in the former China Doll: Tongli Studio edition (map) – in early- to mid-December. One good thing about this incarnation: club-goers will have a good range of munchies nearby. (Hat tip to The Man in the Track Suit)
- Italian restaurant Abella is under construction beside Paddy O’Shea’s (map). Soon you will be able to combine your sports and pints with curry upstairs or spaghetti next door. (Hat tip to CAPITAL K)
- Wine and Wine is under construction in the Jasmine-Buffalo (map) restaurant complex in the southeastern corner of Workers Stadium.
- ASC plans to open The Wine Residence in Beijing, in the north Sanlitun Village section, a follow up to its initial establishment in Shanghai that opened about two years ago.
- Zazou, a monstrous French restaurant and bar, is among the new places that will open in Sanlitun Village (map). Apparently, a Tairyo and another new bar are also going in (I’ll get more details on this).
Finally, the Sequoia Cafe (map) empire has expanded – it’s tasty sandwiches and coffee are now available in the Kerry Centre; the rather new McDonald’s in Sanlitun Village has already done some refurbishment; and l’Isola (map) now has a cellar with Italian wines, glasses, and decanters on offer (hat tip to SOS).