I’ve been making the rounds with my laptop in search of spots that offer decent food, drink, and online access. This is part seven of my winter wireless wrap-up. (Previously: Aperitivo, Nearby the Tree, The Bookworm, Sequoia, The Rickshaw; Le Petit Gourmand; The Stone Boat)
- This circular place, wrapping around a stairwell, deserves an award for efficient use of space. The establishment’s inner ring includes high chair seating, while the outer has tables of two to four, with two lounge areas for up to eight, all with simple comfortable chairs.
- Dim lighting, contoured ceiling, and eclectic but not excessive decorative touches – film posters, photos, art, Star Wars figurines, an old Coke machine, etc – with some excellent kitsch.
- A good view of what’s happening outside in Jianwai Soho, a floor below.
- Coffee starts from RMB 22
- The place offers a lad’s and a lady’s loo, but I’m not a big fan of using velour curtains in place of doors for toilet stalls.
- Watch that four-inch height difference between the inner ring and outer ring of table areas.
- The signal is good (coffee starts at RMB22; smoking is allowed)